Monday 21 October 2013

Two minute microwave cookie dough

A while ago I made a cookie similar to this. It’s safe for me to say that it was more of a dry, crumbly cake. I still ate it, but that’s beside the point. I saw it again recently on Tumblr, and thought I’d try to make another microwave cookie. I’ve made plenty of microwave cakes before, but I knew that I wanted something different.

After a quick Google search and clicking on literally the second recipe I saw (it's official, I'm the laziest person I know), I decided to try again, It was much more ‘hot cookie dough’ than ‘cookie’, but I didn’t mind. With a dollop of ice cream, it was delicious, but I still feel like I’m cheating by calling it a cookie. It has been stripped of that title.

Without further ado, the quickest cookie dough you may ever make in your life.

Ingredients
1 tbsp. unsalted butter
2 tbsp. light brown sugar
Tiny pinch of salt
2 tbsp. milk
4 tbsp. plain flour
Chocolate/chocolate chips/Dreemy (it’s Aldi’s version of a milky way, and they’re delicious). You can use however much chocolate you want, or none at all, it’s completely up to you. I used two Dreemy bars.

Directions


1)      Melt the butter in a small microwaveable bowl. It took me two fifteen second blasts, stirring in between

2)      Add the light brown sugar and whisk until incorporated

3)      Add in the salt and milk and whisk again until combined

4)      Carefully whisk in the flour until your mixture is thick

5)      Chop up your chocolate (if needed) and stir into your batter-y mix

6)      Cook in your microwave for thirty second intervals until it looks cooked but is still soft. Leave it to stand, or just dig right in like I did

7)      Put a dollop of ice cream on the top and eat while it’s hot.

This is the original recipe, take a look!

Enjoy! 
Love, Shay. xo

P.S. On Saturday I got a fringe! I love it quite a lot...

No comments:

Post a Comment