Sunday 6 July 2014

Chocolate cornflake cakes

Long time no see! A couple of days ago I had a major craving for chocolate cornflake cakes. I don't know where it came from, but I was determined to make some. So I did. I also made some with shredded wheat, but cornflake are definitely my favourites.


To make about 15 cakes, you'll need around 75g of cereal and 250g of chocolate. I know this is a lot, and you could do less if you wanted, but I wanted mine to be really chocolatey.
Line a muffin tin with cases. Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes in 30 second lots, stirring in between each. If you want to make cakes with different cereal, pour half of your chocolate into a separate bowl and mix the cereal in. Put about a tablespoon and a half of mixture (is chocolatey cereal considered a mixture?) into each case. Using your spoon make a dip/well  in the cake, and top with whatever you want to fill your 'nests' with- I used blueberries and chocolate egg sprinkley things. Put the cakes in the fridge to harden, and devour them all as soon as they're ready.

Love, Shay. xo

Okay, so I know you probably don't actually need instructions for this, but I really wanted to share them and I thought the measurements might be vaguely helpful. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment